With 25 years in B2B Marketing, including start-ups and companies such as Akamai and Silicon Graphics, Jenny features on the Top 50 Women in Revenue That You Should Know and the Top 60 Most Influential Marketing Thought Leaders list. She’s been a part of not one or two but 11 successful exits! ActiveCampaign is a Customer Experience automation company which has grown from 60 to 600 people over the last two years.
In this episode, Jenny and Erica talk about bringing diversity into every facet of B2B tech, from the interview and hiring process to the way the team builds and retains its unique culture and vibe. Jenny tells us why a ‘culture add’ versus ‘culture fit’ approach helps bring net new perspective to the team and adds value and space for growth. They also talk about ageism, experience diversity, and gender in the B2B SaaS world.
- What a marketing leader can bring to diversity initiatives
- Hiring in a way that’s inclusive, starting with ensuring equal access to the opportunity
- How to organize your team to ensure it’s as diverse as possible
- How a leader can be vulnerable and authentic and create a safe place for working together and building relationships respectfully
- How roles and new titles are evolving in B2B companies to reflect growing industry hyperfocus on people and engagement
- Whether age diversity in B2B tech is seen as a liability or a plus. Is the number of years worked really as important as mastery and innovation?