Openpath offers cutting-edge workplace safety and security solutions though touchless access control. It is a hardware and SaaS company with about 80 people. Kieran leads marketing for Openpath and has previously led marketing at Belkin and Radioshack. He has been recognized by Forbes as one of “The World’s Most Influential CMOs 2020”.
In this episode, Kieran and Erica delve into the big trends in B2B that will impact B2B SaaS marketers and the work they do, in 2021 and beyond. Kieran shares valuable real-life experiences from his career, stressing that an agile mindset is the key competency of a CMO in today’s environment. We also delve into what a CEO needs to think about when hiring a CMO, considering there is no one fixed template of what a CMO should do.
- The key trends impacting B2B CMOs today
- Why there is no one universal CMO role… and the core competency of a good CMO
- The pros and cons of marketing leaders reporting to CROs
- The most important emerging role in marketing
- Whether diversity needs to be approached in a systemic way, or whether individual leaders should establish their own initiatives
- Why empathy for customers will rule in 2021… and why building ongoing relations with the end-user is critical for B2B Marketing